TRYON COUNTY BOOKSHOP
"Our 56th Year"
AIRCRAFT AND FLIGHT
WINGS OF TOMORROW, THE STORY OF THE AUTOGIRO by Juan De La Cierva and Don Rose
- Very Good no Dust Jacket, red-brown cloth binding, orange lettering on front board and spine.
- Brewer, Warren & Putnam, copyright 1931, first edition.
- Illustrations: Black and white photographs and line drawings.
- Corners lightly bumped, Head and tail of spine show shelfwear, otherwise sound, clean and tight.
- 284 pages.
- 8 1/4 X 5 1/2 inches
- "I have just had the biggest thrill of my twenty years of flying. I have piloted an Autogiro. And I have seen this amazing plane "do the impossible" It Is, I am positive, the flying craft of the future." Assen Jordanoff in Popular Science March, 1931
- Item No: Air 1 Price: $95.00
THE LAST OF THE BUSH PILOTS by Harmon Helmericks
A book about the men who have made a new legend of wilderness travel in Alaska-our country's last frontier.
- Fine in Dust Jacket, Tan cloth binding, gold lettering on front board and spine.
- Alfred A. Knopf, copyright 1969, first edition, so stated.
- Illustrations: 16 pages of Black and white photographs.
- Dust jacket has very slight chips, otherwise all is fine. Previous owner's name stamped on flyleaf
- 361 pages.
- 8 3/4 X 6 inches
- The author who was born on an Illinois farm, studied engineering at the University of Arizona before taking off in 1940 for Alaska, where he has lived ever since. Since 1946, Mr Helmericks has become one of Alaska's most famous bush pilots, and holds the Award of Merit, Territory of Alaska, for "Special Service in the Arctic Regions." Since 1952, Mr.Helmericks has divided his time between running a fishing business, serving as Arctic consultant for British Petroleum and Eastman Kodak, and guiding hunters and fishermen in the Alaska wilderness. He holds a rating as Master Guide from the Alaska Game Commisssion and has been a member of the Explorers Club since 1947. He and his wife Martha, divide their time with their three sons between their house on the Arctic coast and two lodges in the Brooks Range.
- Item No: Air 2 Price: $35.00
Follow the links to subject matter of books currently available:
Last Updated 11:25 AM April 18, 2014 WEBMASTER: A. Montgomery
© copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Tryon County Bookshop