TRYON COUNTY BOOKSHOP
"Our 58th Year"
NY STATE FOREST FISH AND GAME REPORTS AND OTHER ADIRONDACK ITEMS
FISHERIES GAME AND FOREST COMMISSION of the State Of New York
State of New York FOREST, FISH & GAME COMMISSION
- SEVENTH REPORT.
- 1902 J. B. Lyon Company State Printers, Albany, New York.
- "Compliments of B. B. Odell, Jr. Governor" stamped on flyleaf.
- 534 pages, including 35 Color Plates 4 Animals by Kemp; 11 Birds by Fuertes; 8 unsigned fish, by S. F. Denton, as stated in the preface; 8 leaves and 3 insects.
- Green cloth embossed cover in Dark Green and Gold. Some fading and scuffing on gold lettered backstrip, which shows light wear at upper and lower spine. Cover shows lt. shelf wear at upper and lower corners. Back cover shows some scuffing.
- 11 1/2" X 8 3/4".
- Inner hinge cracking. otherwise sound and tight with nice clean contents.
- Chapters include "The Saint Lawrence Reservation" "Fish Distribution", "Tree Planting on Streets and Highways", "Moose". "The Wapiti", "The Adirondack Black Bear", "Insects Affecting Forest Trees".
- Numerous Black & White full page photographs, drawings and prints, including some by Watson.
- ITEM NO FF1902 PRICE: $195.00
Go Back To Main MenuE-mail: email@example.com
State of New York FOREST, FISH AND GAME COMMISSION
- ANNUAL REPORTS 1907-1908-1909 THIRTEENTH ANNUAL REPORT.
- 1909 Press of J. B. Lyon Company, Albany, N.Y.
- 407 pages, including 23 Color Plates by WATSON, GILETTE, & MESSERSCHMITT & 1 Colored Map of THE HIGHLANDS OF THE HUDSON RESERVATION 1909. as follows:
- Gilette:Adirondack Forest Scene, Ruffed Grouse in Winter, The Quail, Hungarian Partridge, The Woodcock, Small-Mouth Bass, Lake Trout, Male Brook Trout, Bullhead; Catfish, Female Brook Trout, Chub Sucker, Sunfish and Salmon.
- Hy S. Watson: The Old Hunter, A Fair Angler, Her First Day Afield, Game Always In Season.
- Chas. Messerschmitt: Ruffed Grouse, Mongolian Pheasant, Birds in Winter, Woodcock, Young Woodcock.
- One unsigned Plate showing Blister Rust on the White Pine Tree.
- Plus: 14 Full Page Half Tone Drawings by Hy. S. Watson " Envy, Putting the Fire Out, Gaffing a Salmon, Lunch at Half Way House, Fired Bacon, Mondern Invasion Of The Woods, The Cabin Home, The Last Load, An Up To Date Portage, Deer Hunters' Camp, Rail Bird Shooting, Wating For The Flight, Got Him, and Quail Shooting
- Green cloth cover stamped in Gold. Sharp and Bright. Small pick lower center front, some shelf wear. a few minor scuffs.
- 11 6/16" X 8 5/8".
- Decorated end papers, sound and tight with nice clean contents. Pages 161-166 are bound in twice.
- Chapters include "Forest Fires" "Fire Fighting Force" "Control of Railroads" "The Adirondack Animals" "Trespass Cases" "John Brown's Tract Litigation" "Woodruff Road Litigation".
- ITEM NO FF07 PRICE: $165.00
Go Back To Main Menu
LUCRETIA: OR LOST IN THE ADIRONDACKS!. By Ex-Sheriff Ephraim Phillips
- Near fine 5 1/4in. X 7 1/4 in.
- Publisher:Chas Burrows, Schenectady, N.Y. 1890.
- "A Tale of Love At Piseco, or Truth Stranger Than Fiction.
- Small chips to outer wraps, light crease, lower front corner.
- 60 pages.
- Adirondack Bibliography # 7346 (fiction).
- "The story begins in the summer of 1861 in the town of Arietta, Hamilton County NY.
- A wounded Civil War veteran finds his bride in the wilderness.
- Item No: FF7346 Price: $1200.00
THE HISTORY OF HAMILTON COUNTY By Ted Aber and Stella King
- Very Good No Dust Jacket; Green Cloth with gold lettering on spine.
- Publisher: Great Wilderness Books, Lake Pleasant, New York 1965 First Edition.
- Illustrations: 256 black and white photographs of maps, people, homes and storied hotels
and fishing and hunting camps of the past ages.
- Merry Christmas wishes on half title to previous owner, o/w clean, sound and tight.
Newspaper reports of obituary of Stella King pasted on back inner endpaper. July 28, 1968
- 1209 pages w/index
- Size: 9 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches.
- "On April 12, 1816, an act of the New York State Legislature erected the County of
Hamilton by dividing Montgomery County. The new county was made provisional in nature in that
it was to "act in conjunction with the county of Montgomery, as a part thereof, and shall
remain so organized until it shall contain 1,288 taxable inhabitants qualified to vote for
members of assembly.""
- Contains the progress of settlement and industry, folklore and tall tales of this
Adirondack County that didn't reach the goal of citizenry until 1830, and its supervisors,
continued to meet at Johnstown, with Montgomery County Board until 1838.
- Item No: FF9 Price: $195.00
FIRST REPORT OF THE STATE COMMISSIONER OF EXCISE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK April 1 to
November 1, 1896
- Very Good, No Dust Jacket; Dark Green cloth, gold lettering on spine.
- Publisher: Wynkoop Hallenbeck Drawford Co. State Printers, Albany & NY 1897
- Illustrations: None
- Some white scuff marks on front cover, upper spine is a little crunched, and some minor
spots on back cover. Light foxing on foredge
- 731 pages w/index
- Size: 9 1/4 X 6 1/2 inches.
- In addition to the regular annual report on excise taxes, the appendix in ths book
includes The Ordinances and Laws of the Colonies of New Netherland and New York and The State
Of New York relating to the excise and the traffic in intoxicating liquors, from the first
ordinance in 1638 to the Liquor Tax Law of 1893, including the sale of liqours to the
- May 31st 1647 An Ordinance against drinking to excess, breaking the Sabbath and selling
liquors at prohibited times!!!
- Item No: FF10 Price: $50.00
MEN AND THINGS IN ALBANY TWO CENTURIES AGO by Joel Munsell
- Very Good small phamplet, stapled binding Price twent-five cents.
- Publisher: Joel Munsell's sons, 82 State Street, Albany NY, circa 1880
- Illustrations: line drawings throughout text.
- Front wrap is detaching from bottom to above lower staple, small chips in wrapper which can be seen in scan.
- 48 pages.
- 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches.
- "Read before the Albany Institute, April 18, 1876"
- Various drawings of the early homes in Albany, a plan of the city, and a short history of it's development.
- Item No: FF11 Price: $50.00
Go Back To Main Menu E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the links to subject matter of books currently available:
Last Updated 4:07 PM April 18, 2014
WEBMASTER: A. Montgomery
We accept postal money orders, or PAYPAL,
To order simply e-mail through paypal the correct amount including any tax and shipping. Be sure to mention the book number you are ordering, and title.