RELIQUES OF ROBERT BURNS, R.H. CROMEK
- Full leather binding, gold lettering on spine and on the spine label.
- Published by T. Cadell, and W. Davie, Strand. Printed by J. M'Creery
- Front hinge cracked, some wear along spine edges, previous owner's names
and one where an erasure has gone through the flyleaf. There is some light
foxing. Book has marbled endpapers.
- 453 pages, plus 6 pages of a prospectus for a future printing.
- 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 inches
- Consisting chiefly of original letters, poems, and critical observations
on Scottish songs.
- Item No:RB1 Price: $77.00
THE WORKS OF ROBERT BURNS, BY James Currie, M. D.
- Full leather binding.
- Printed by J. Booth and Sons, New York, 1832.
- Embellished with thirty-three engravings on wood.
- The outer front hinge is cracked, there is some light foxing, there is what
looks to be a water stain on the first few pages, previous owner's name on
free front flyleaf.
- 226 pages, including appendix.
- 8 3/4 X 5 1/2 inches
- "With an account of his life, and criticism on his writings, to which are
prefixed, some observations on the character and condition of the Scottish
peasantry A New Edition, with many additional poems and songs from the
latest London editions".
- Item No:RB2 Price: $47.00
SONGS AND LYRICS OF ROBERT BURNS by William Macdonald
- Red cloth binding with title and author embossed in front cover.
- Philip Lee Warner, publisher to the Medici Society, Ltd. Number VII
Grafton St. London and DCCLV Boylston St. Boston, Mass. 1920.
- Illustrations: In color by W. Russell Flint, 9 full page pictures in
beautiful soft colors.
- There is a little wear on the upper and lower edges of the spine and
corners, previous owner's name on flyleaf. There is a dark shadow on a few
pages where something has been laid in the book and slightly discolored the
- 219 pages, including a glossary and index.
- 9 1/4 X 6 3/4 inches
- "What was said of the weather yesterday was good; but to-day must speak
for itself out of its own fullness, its own sense of being and receiving.
Energy, Beneficence, and beauty , in the natural and moral world alike, are
a challenge essentially unprecendented wherever their presence is
immediately felt; and there can be no lack of novelty--or, better still, no
need for it--in the answer of the heart, if sincerely phrased, to whatever
touches it with life".
- Item No:RB3 Price: $29.00
THE POEMS AND SONGS OF ROBERT BURNS, edited by Andrew Lang
- Three quarter leather, marbeled boards and endpapers, ribbed spine with
gold lettering and date 1898.
- Published by Dodd, Mead & Company, New York 1898. First edition.
- Illustrations: A portrait of Robert Burns
- There is some light foxing,and some wear to lower spine. Otherwise the
book is very good, sound, clean and tight.
- 668 pages including index.
- 8 14/16 X 6 1/4 inches
- "Includes a bit of history about the family in the introduction."
- Item No:RB4 Price: $53.00
LOVE SONGS OF SCOTLAND selected and edited by Robert W. Douglas
- Very good hardcover with simulated leather cover, and gold lettering and
decorations with thistles and hearts. First Edition.
- Published by New Amsterdam Book Company, New York City, 1901.
- Illustrations: Sepia frontice and other black and white engravings.
- Previous owner's name on free front flyleaf.
- 214 pages, including appendix. Some pages are uncut.
- 8 1/4 X 6 inches
- "Jewels of the tender passion selected from the writings of Burns,
Tannahill, Scott, Ramsay, Lady Nairne, Macneil, Jamieson, Hogg, Douglas,
Allan & Others.
- Item No:RB5 Price: $22.00
BRITHERS A' by Peter Esslemont
- Very good, hardcover, red cloth binding with embossed emblem on front
cover and gilt lettering on spine.
- Publisher: Oliphants ltd., London, Edinburgh 3rd. edition revised and
- Illustrations:100 black and white photos.
- There is a small pick in the cloth on the back cover, some wear to corners
and the spine color is faded. There are also some shadows inside on both
- 192 pages.
- 8 3/4 X 5 3/4 inches
- "A minute a day with Burns Poet, Lover and Prophet of Brotherhood, with a
foreword by Professor J. Y. Simpson, M.A., D. Sc., D.Jur., F.R.S.E.
President, World Brotherhood Federation.
- Item No:RB6 Price: $7.00
BURNS POEMS AND SONGS edited by James Kinsley
- Dark blue leather hardcover. Fine condition, All edges gilt. Gilt
decorations on cover and spine.
- Oxford University Press, London, New York, Toronto, 1969.
- There are no illustrations, but the musical scores of his many songs are
- Half title and title page each have a fold mark. Otherwise it is in fine
condition, sound, clean and tight.
- 786 pages including index of first lines.
- 8 3/4 X 6 inches
- "The greater part of the text, however, is based on autographs. About 800
manuscripts, relating to rather more than two-thirds of the poems and songs,
have been collated."
- Item No: RB7 Price: $12.00
THE POETICAL WORKS OF ROBERT BURNS 3 VOLS. edited by Robert Chambers
- 1/4 simulated dark green leather, magenta paper, hardcovers 3 volumes.
- Publisher:Little, Brown, and Company, Boston; 1863, Vol 1 1865, #5 of 100
- There are no illustrations.
- There is some wear on edges of bindings and corners, spine labels have
some rubbing and picks, some light foxing, otherwise sound, clean and tight.
- Volume 1= 300 pages, Volume 2 = 311 pages, Volume 3 = 339 pages.
- 8 X 5 1/2 inches
- "The Poems of Burns appear in these volumes as arranged and edited by
Robert Chambers in his Life and Works of Robert Burns,, Edinburgh and
London 1856. Such parts of the Biography as are necessary for the
understanding of the poems, or of the occasions which gave rise to them, are
retained in the form of prefaces to the individual pieces."
- Item No:RB8 Price: $45.00 set
ROBERT BURNS by Franklyn Bliss Snyder
- Very good, maroon cloth binding with gold spine lettering.
- Publisher: The University of Toronto Press, Toronto, 1936, First edition.
- There are no illustrations.
- Very slight wear at bottom of spine, otherwise like new.
- 119 pages.
- 8 1/2 X 5 3/4 inches
- "His Personality, His Reputation and His Art"".Prof. Snyder is Professor
of English at Northwestern University.
- Item No: RB9 Price: $14.00
THERE WAS A LAD by The Burns Club of St. Louis
- Very Good Condition, Black binding,with gold lettering on cover and spine.
- Publisher: The Burns Club of St. Louis, 1955-1965 Eden Publishing House,
June 1965 edition.
- Illustrations: Black and white photos of the many treasured items of Burns
memorabelia revered by the club.
- Very Good condition with light wear to extremities and light soil.
- 128 pages.
- 9 X 6 1/2 inches
- "The members of the Burns Club meet on the night of the Birthday Dinner to
pay homage to the memory of the poet and to try to capture something of the
spirit of the man."
- Item No:RB10 Price: $35.00
SOME ACCOUNT OF THE GLENRIDDELL MSS. OF BURNS'S POEMS edited by
Henry A. Bright
- Very good Condition, 1/4 leather binding with pebbled cloth maroon covers,
gold lettering on spine,
- Publisher: Gilbert G. Walmsley, 50, Lord Street, 1874 First edition
presentation copy, signed, with letter tipped in.
- There are no illustrations:
- There is some wear on corners, and some light foxing.
- 56 pages.
- 8 1/4 X 6 1/4 inches
- "With several poems never before published, and printed for private
- Item No: RB11 Price: $95.00
DIRT & DEITY by Ian McIntyre
- Fine Condition, printed paperback binding,
- Publisher: Flamingo, An imprint of Harper Collins Publishers, 1996 First
- Illustrations: Black and White photographs on glossy paper.
- Some light wear on edges otherwise sound, clean and tight.
- 461 pages.
- 7 3/4 X 5 1/4 inches
- "A Life of Robert Burns" " Allen...has lent me a quantity of Burns's
unpublished and never-to-be published Letters. The are full of oaths and
obscene songs. What an antithetical mind!- tenderness, roughness- delicacy,
coarseness- sentiment, sensuality -soaring and grovelling, dirt and deity -
all mixed up in that one compound of inspired clay!" Lord Byron, 1813
- Item No: RB12 Price: $7.00
ROBERT BURNS by Sasha Behar
- Fine Condition, with dust jacket, binding is printed paper on boards.,
- Publisher: Brockhampton Press, London, 1999 first edition.
- Illustrations: Black and white and color illustrations of the many places Burns visited or wrote about.
- As new.
- 120 pages.
- 8 1/2 X 11 inches
- "A Biography with selected poems". "The one point on which he was always clear was his loyalty to Scotland and in particular the landscape and characters of the rural life.
- Item No: RB13 Price: $7.00